Social media has become a powerful marketing tool for many businesses to gain more customers and fans while increasing their overall reputation. With the ability to gain more exposure to any service, brand, or products, it’s no wonder many businesses and website owners are now creating powerful social media marketing strategies to use to harness the power of social media for their own agenda. However, the problems lie when new businesses don’t know how to develop a strategy that works to their advantage. So how do you do this you ask? This expert guide will give you the best social media marketing strategies that can boost your reputation and marketing efforts to make you a competitive force in this online world of business.
Boost Your Marketing Efforts And Reputation With These Simple Techniques
The More Social Media Networks The Better
Social media isn’t just Facebook and Twitter. Did you know there are hundreds of different and popular social media websites available that you can sign up to, to expose your brand to more potential customers and people worldwide. The best way to gain more exposure is to use more social media networks, however only use those that you feel would really benefit your business and whether they have a high user base. Top social media networks that can be used include, but aren’t limited to:
- Facebook – Facebook has over 1 billion users worldwide since its release in 2004. It remains one of the top social media networks in the world.
- Twitter – Home to over 600 million users since beginning in 2006, Twitter is a popular place for businesses, celebrities, and the general public to come together.
- Google+ – Google+ is a general social media networking site that was founded in 2011. It currently has over 1 billion users worldwide.
- Instagram – Instagram started out in 2010 and has over 300,000,000 users. This site is mainly for sharing photos and videos.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn has over 200 million users worldwide since it began in 2003. It’s more targeted to businesses and professionals in the business world.
- Tumblr – Tumblr was founded in 2007 and now has over 200 million users. It’s specifically targeted to microblogging and social interaction.
For a full list of social media networking sites, Wikipedia contains a complete list for easy viewing and analysis of the best ones to choose.
Tailor Your Content Accordingly
When creating content for multiple social media websites, many website owners tend to make the mistake of writing the same content and posting it multiple times across the different networks. This isn’t advisable as different social media users require different content types to best target their emotions and for them to engage in what you’re trying to offer. When creating content, you need to understand that different social media websites have a particular demographic and user category, so when it comes to creating content, the same content across all networks won’t bring in the results you’re after. To create content for each individual social media network you may need to:
- Analyse the social media network to see what users like the most. For example, sites such as Instagram and Pinterest prefer more visual content with graphics and pics, while sites such as LinkedIn prefer business grade content that features a professional edge to it.
- Work on creating content for one social media network at a time. Check each advertising tools the network has to offer to best serve your interests.
- Make the content clear, easy to understand and to the point of what you’re trying to say. You only have a few seconds to capture their attention, they need to know what the post is about within the first few words.
- Make sure to add links back to your website from your content to help drive in more traffic.
- Make sure all content is spell checked for grammar and editing errors. Errors in content will give your business the impression it’s unprofessional.
Utilise Mobile Social Media Marketing
Mobile users on social media platforms have risen in the last few years with many people adopting for this quick and easy way to access their social media website of choice. Due to this increase in mobile use it’s important to leverage this market by placing extra focus on this area. Creating mobile-friendly social media advertisements that are specifically targeted for the mobile user can help to dramatically improve your reputation and overall marketing efforts. Some ways you can utilise mobile social media marketing include:
- Optimise your posts towards mobile users to make it easier for them to click into and view with a responsive web design.
- Post content at the right time of the day that you believe mobile users would be checking their social media. Generally, this is before and after work.
- Target content based on location as well as worldwide. Mobile users who are in a particular city that you’re talking about will connect better with you.
- Make any content easy to read on the small screen. Mobile users like short and simple sentences as it makes it easier to scroll through small content than large blocks of text.
- Monitor your social media networks and respond to any customers or users who have asked questions.
- Create and share more graphics, videos and images, as these tend to be easier to view by mobile users.
Social media has become a powerhouse of customer/business engagement. Whether you’re looking to enhance your overall business’s reputation, or you’re wanting to really boost your digital marketing efforts, utilising and connecting with your audience on social media is the best way to go. By using these social media marketing strategies, you can really improve your marketing efforts greatly to gain more leads, conversions and profits. So which strategy are you going to implement into your social media marketing efforts?